Chicken Thighs Adobo Recipe
Adobo is a popular dish in the Philippines. It is cooked in many different ways. This is one my favorite dish to make. But, every time I cook adobo, I always make a twist to it. Sometimes, I make this with boiled eggs and chicken liver.
In this recipe, I have included the skin of the chicken. You can always remove it prior to cooking or not eat it at all. The left overs actually tastes better the next day.
Delicious and saucy chicken adobo.
- 5 pcs chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 3 basil leaves
- 2 cups water
- salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small ginger roots, thinly sliced
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute onions and garlic.
Add the chicken. Cook for 15 minutes, turning over occasionally.
Add water, soy sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar. Mix to blend. Continue by adding the bouillon and ginger. Stir and cover.
Cook for 35 minutes. Turn over the chicken once in a while.
Add bay leaves, salt and pepper to taste.
Mix and flip over the chicken before covering.
Reduce heat to medium and cook for another 15 minutes.
Done. Serve with plain white rice.
- If you're using more than 5 thighs, be sure to increase the measurements and amount of the ingredients.
- If you want more sauce, you can always add more water, soy sauce and vinegar.
- When increasing the amount of the ingredients, be sure to add them little by little and taste it always.
Watch the video: